Monday, December 11, 2006

The First Weekend Blog!

The First Weekend Blog! Not really sure how these will continue in the future, but after that rotten “Soup” Blog this has got to be better. Friday Night- James and I headed over to our friends the Bowden’s home with dinner as a bribe to spend more time with their newest family addition, of 4 days. He is a really good-looking baby both by photo and in person. Darby’s mom is in town so it was nice to see her again and see her gushing over her 1st grandchild. James enjoys her company because she, like my Mom, realizes that James is just plain ornery, and dishes it back to him. It is very funny to watch. Darby and baby are doing great and it is still amazing to see Steve with this baby. (He has never held a baby until his own. Which is really kinda sweet. But I say practice on other people’s kids first!! LOL) Saturday- A lot of laziness in the morning. In my opinion this is the only way to spend a Saturday with no Sooner football to watch. But in the afternoon we headed off to the North County Fair Mall. I was really surprised when James agreed to go with me, but happy for his company. As we pulled into the parking lot he said “I forgot that there would be all these people here.” Hello??? 2 weeks before Christmas and he didn’t think that there would be people at the Mall. LOL Oh James…this is what happens when the womenfolk take such good care of their husbands. After the game of “stalk the shopper” to find a parking spot, the shopping could commence. We did good, found some good deals and I only had one moment that I felt completely overwhelmed. James was a great help at helping me decide & calling family members to get sizes and gift ideas. We celebrated the good day by heading to Fidel’s for dinner. (We always get the same thing, we don’t even look at the menu anymore!) Sunday- Big Day!! Big Plans!! We started off the day by heading down to San Diego for some Birthday Celebrating for my very close friend Jenny. ( I mean close in 2 ways here, proximity, 4 houses down from ours, & kindred spirit.) She decided that for her birthday she wanted to go ice skating & have a great lunch. We started skating around 12:30 and not really sure if it was the sun or the rain the night before, but there was some water on the ice. It made you really not want to fall. But falling does happen, but it is really funny when it is my husband!! There are very few things that James and I have ran into that he has not dabbled in at some point in his life. Fortunately, for me the last time James had ice skated was in high school. He was bad. I mean not terrible…but bad. Arms flailing about, feet trying to catch up with his body, stopping by getting on all fours…bad. At times it was just fun to watch him make a lap around the rink. LOL Sadly I must report that his concept of the “down on all fours” to stop led to some scrapes and bruises. (His scrapes and my bruises! Yes, we had a tumble together, as we are skating along our last lap before lunch, I looked over to see him and I had no idea where he was until I fell over him milliseconds later. He went sailing through the water and I fell to my knees. The whole front side of his jeans were soaked. Poor guy!) Jenny kept suggesting that we buy James some sweat-pants before lunch so that he would be dry…LOL. James was a trouper and went to lunch with wet pants. I will have to write tomorrow about our fun–filled evening!
See you tomorrow Blog,
Anita

No comments: