Friday, December 8, 2006

Soup Talk

I realize now I have turned another hard “True-ism of Anita” into dust. I like soup. This is really hard for me to admit, but I do, I like soup. I even at times, crave soup. I have never cared for the taste of soup. My quick reply when presented the option of soup has always been “There will be plenty of time when I am old to have liquid food.” It all started with potato soup, because they always have big chunks of potato in it. Then it went to chicken enchilada soup, thick creamy soup with still chunks of chicken. On from there to little tastings of Tortilla, Broccoli & Cheddar, and Cuban Black Bean soups. A big turning point was Tom Ka Kai, a Thai soup, which I literally had to grow to like by trying it every time I ate Thai food. (Now, I feel cheated if my Thai dining experience does not have this great coconut soup.) So that proves it…I like soup. I have actually had a chicken & wild rice soup 2 days in a row this week. **Pause for a shout-out to Croutons in Carlsbad** I am still not a huge tomato soup fan but I have found a nice tomato basil soup every now and then. And Chicken Noodle is only for when I am very sick. I also don’t think I am anywhere close to Gazpacho, cold soup…too far, too fast. Anyway, I have declared it, and world write it down Anita= Soup eater.

I am starting to think that for my 3rd Blog entry, I kinda missed it with the whole soup thing…oh well; at least my Mom will still keep reading my Blog!!!
See you tomorrow Blog,
Anita

1 comment:

Jody said...

I love this entry. As a soup eater and one of the people how brought soup into your life I am so happy you get to expereince the joy of soup. Long live thai soup!