Wednesday, December 6, 2006

The Name

Hello Blog World!!!
I have been reading my friend Natalie's blog for some time now, hearing all about what she and her cute little family are up to.So last night as I was lying in my bed staring at the ceiling, I decided to go ahead and jump into the world of blogging! This could kinda be my record of what is going on in my life, a diary of sorts. But what to name my Blog...Natalie has a really cute name and my friend Scott's blog totally fits his personality....what should I name mine??? I thought, Anita's Point of View- not enough FLARE. Anita's POV- an acronym, really James has totally rubbed off on me. Anita Out Loud- I like it, but....And of course there is a story. James and I had this conversation about a week ago regarding the word Aloud and Out Loud. He caught me using the word "outloud" and pointed it out that the word was "aloud". And how funny that growing up people never correct us to use the proper word of "aloud". I of course argued that outloud was a word. And then as always the bet was set, the winner gets to pick all the movies for the next month. (This is a HUGE BET, by the way!!) So the dictionary was pulled from it's shelf and to my surprise "outloud" is not a word. (Did I mention Spellcheck is my very dear friend?) Aloud of course was found and it's definition clear. But in my opinion this is really a tie, due to the fact that outloud is not 1 word, in the context that I used it but actually 2. I really think I win here on the technicality that I used the word properly, I was just mistaken on the fact that it had a space in between. So, while James and I are watching every scary, sci-fi & full action movies for the next month I can be jotting items down for my blog.
See you tomorrow Blog!
Anita

No comments: