Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Time-Crunch!

I am feeling the holiday stress. Too much to do and not enough time to do it in!! Things are piling up on me and Christmas is 11 days away. My Christmas shopping is 88% complete; all the wrapping that I can do, is done. But the 3 biggest obstacles still linger over my head: HOUSE CLEANING, PACKING, & JAMES. James and I are headed to Oklahoma & Washington D.C. for the holidays. While we are gone I have loaned our house out to my neighbor to help her accommodate some of her Christmas guests. This means that my house needs to be spick & span before James and I leave for Oklahoma. I so far have done 0 loads of laundry for my plane ride on Saturday. I have almost packed all of the gifts that I am taking with me, but still not sure how I am to get to the airport. I am leaving on the 16th to spend some quality time with my family; James is joining me on the 21st. James, who planned both my trip & his surgery, just had hernia surgery yesterday and is out of commission for the remainder of my time at home. So, he needs a little TLC and sympathy, while I run around like a mad woman packing, cleaning, preparing meals, and getting everything finished up at work (since I will be gone for 2 weeks!). Sadly, the first steps that I have taken towards cleaning was today when I un-loaded & re-loaded the dishwasher. Did I mention that because James is permanently affixed to our couch, our very good friends from down the street are coming over for dinner & Christmas to our house? So, when I leave work today I have to clean the common areas of our house & prepare dinner. (I must be out of my mind, this is like a .375 hour window!!) I know that everything will fall into place and I know that if it even begins to look like I won’t complete everything I will dig down and get it all taken care of, but right now, I am a little overwhelmed. I am hoping that James will do okay without me so shortly after his surgery and that I can relax a little in Oklahoma. Otherwise, I will need to recover from my pre-vacation & vacation!
See you tomorrow Blog,
Anita

1 comment:

SoonerScotty said...

OMG! Your blog Rocks My World! Keep it up "My Anita"...you know that's my official name for you "My Anita!"

Hope ya'll had a good Christmas and New Year!

Love ya and miss ya!