Friday, January 12, 2007

My Work

I have been putting off writing about my job, for good reason, it’s a complicated soap opera. Don’t get me wrong, I actually like my job as a mortgage processor, but the sales people in this industry are a little coo-coo. I love that at the end of the month there is a rush, rush, rush mentality. Some months I am pushed to what I think is my breaking point only to find out that I didn’t break. This is the kind of job that the last week of a busy month I am dreaming about the work that I need to do. In short it makes me feel needed and wanted. Oh don’t get me wrong, I have since awoken from the dream that no one can do my job as good as me, or that if I am not there it will all far apart. (But this comes with being 30, I think.) I live every night and weekend without even a notion of what I need to do tomorrow or come Monday, and I dig that! But more than anything this job is about people, and the mortgage industry is a revolving door of sales people. In the last year 16 people have come into my office and have left (I just seriously sat down and could write all their names down.). Now, if I worked in a 300+ office space, this # is miniscule, but my office only sits 15 people!! In my book that is a lot of people to invest in, only for them to turn around and leave. I am writing this all today because a friend of mine quit today. I am very sad... I have come to expect her running late in the mornings due to her Jamba Juice run and her cell phone always going off in the only ring tone it has “Hello Moto”. (I really will miss her!) I have been thinking back on the “good ole days” of us working together to realize that just when one day started to feel comfortable in the office another change occurred. We were once 3 sitting in my office with a view, (yep I have the corner office, which is what you get for being the squatter that stays the longest!) and now it is just me. But like before, change will occur and I will have a bad taste for it and then it will grow on me and I will grow to love it that week until something or someone changes all that. (I am really hoping now that this came off with some sort of lighthearted-humor quality, otherwise it is just depressing!)
See you tomorrow blog,
Anita

1 comment:

Diana said...

Just because someone leaves your office doesn't mean you can't be friends away from work. My best friend (besides your dad)is Gina. We haven't worked together since Spring 2002. We just make a point to get together at least once a month. Who knows, if they hire someone to take Melissa'a place you may even like her better :) Love ya! Mom