Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Frostie

It has been cold, not just outside but inside, everywhere I go. SoCal has been hit with our version of “down right C-O-L-D”. We had 2 nights of below freezing and a lot of nights in the 30’s. (I know, I know that all of you that are just now thawing from actual “cold” weather don’t care, but just go with me on this one.) This time last year we put down tile flooring in our house. It looks Great, so nice for keeping clean, perfect for the summer, but you need your socks this time of year. And it kinda makes the house chilly too, or that could be James’ fiddling with the thermostat This, I am sure, is one of life’s great mysteries. In the office men sit next to the thermostat, I assure you that this is never a good idea. (See above. LOL.) The guys even wear their sweaters to work, because it is the 3 months of year that they can wear them. To try to stay warm at my desk I have gloves & socks in one of my drawers if they are needed, which has been 2 this week so far. I sometimes daydream of a little heater blowing right on my feet, or remember back to my childhood of actually sitting on the floor vent when the heater was running. You would think that with the sun shinning in it would naturally be warm, but then you would be wrong. Now don’t get me wrong, when I go out to my car of an evening the car is still nice & toasty, and sadly some days a real highlight to my day. Today at lunch it was very warm in my car, I even had to roll the windows down in under a mile because it was too warm. And then I did something unthinkable for someone who has spent so much time this month being COLD. I went to Wendy’s and got a FROSTIE. I had not planned on heading there, the idea just popped into my head. I won’t lie, it was good too!! Just so you know they are now selling a Vanilla Frostie. (Not sure if this is a nationwide item or not. Please see you local store for details.) Has the world gone mad? Frosties are chocolate and this is from a person who doesn’t like chocolate ice cream anything. I just learned growing up that if you wanted a treat from Wendy’s, like your sister was getting, you better say “Yes, I would like one too please.” And hush up about the flavor. So today, I am glad to see that other chocolate ice cream haters such as myself have an option at Wendy’s, but I am too old now to fufill those dreams for myself. I am my mother’s daughter, “1 chocolate Frostie please”.

2 comments:

SoonerScotty said...

How long has it been since I've had a frosty? There aren't any fast food places around this area, which is good in lots of ways. You literally have to get on the train (or bus) to get to fast food places from where I live.

MMM, frosty! Oh, how I miss thee!

Jenny said...

I have never had a frosty. Can you even believe that? I guess they are just too cold for me. I have been indoctrinated into the sun climes.